The Minster Trust for Education looks forward to welcoming schools which share its vision for education and commitment to deep partnership. It will operate for the collective good of pupils and students such that high quality education is sustained and supported, underpinned by our values of integrity, wisdom, kindness, collaboration and service. Each school will be unique in its own right and also distinctly part of MITRE, aligned to achieve our collective goals. Enquiries are welcomed from any school interested in finding out more about joining MITRE.
Philosophy Underpinning MITRE's Growth
- MITRE is a trust focused on local education provision, with all member schools able to be reached within 1 hour.
- Schools joining MITRE will subscribe to the trust's philosophy, including a commitment to collaborate and share best practice.
- Any school joining the trust will be subject to due diligence processes, including the consideration of its financial position and its effectiveness.
- While remaining true to its charitable status, MITRE understands the need to build a trust which can support the financial sustainability of its member schools and as such will provide value-for-money high quality central services.
- We will know our schools well and offer them bespoke support. This will act as a limiting factor for Trust growth.
- We will take account of national education policy as we grow, ensuring we are a strong trust with 10 or more partner schools.
- Our growth will be based on strong principles and will be for the benefit of students in schools and not for organisational advancement.
Growth of MITRE
|Minster Trust for Education registered and governance established
|The Minster School (founding school) joined MITRE
|Farnsfield St Michael's Primary School joined MITRE
|Bleasby Primary School joined MITRE
|Holy Trinity Infant School joined MITRE
|Halam Primary School joined MITRE
|National Church of England Academy joined MITRE
|Lowe's Wong Infant School joined MITRE
Three or four secondary schools
Ten or more primary schools
One or two special schools