Minster Trust for Education is an inclusive learning community based on the principle of sharing. It operates for the collective good of pupils and students such that high quality education is sustained and supported, underpinned by strong values, Christian or otherwise. Each member school is unique in its own right and also distinctly part of MITRE.
Our Purpose and Goals
- Raising the aspiration of all within MITRE to achieve the very best for all members of its learning communities.
- Working within MITRE and with the wider community to design and deliver an inclusive, innovative and stimulating curriculum for children.
- Creating a culture and environment where safeguarding and wellbeing are paramount.
- Developing and nurturing a collective approach to raising achievement through appropriate challenge and support and a commitment to early intervention.
- Providing a teaching and learning environment and culture where all feel safe to take measured risks in order to learn and grow.
- Equipping and developing all professionals engaged in delivering the curriculum with excellent knowledge and skills, through high quality leadership and management so that we grow highly effective staff at all levels to ensure there is strength across the trust.
- Sharing our teaching and learning environments whilst enabling each school to develop its own culture, beliefs and ethos as appropriate within the overall MITRE framework.
- Maximising opportunities to share outstanding resources that underpin the teaching and learning environments across MITRE.
- Establishing central services for schools so they can focus their efforts on helping children to excel.
- Creating development plans (Trust and school) to support the strategic vision which is agreed, shared and consistently applied across MITRE.
- Ensuring Church Schools are run in accordance with the principles and practices of the Church of England.
Our Principles, Ethos and Culture
- MITRE celebrates each school’s unique characteristics and values, respects and maintains each school’s distinctive ethos and identity and, where relevant, their Christian distinctiveness.
- All partner schools are committed to our shared trust vision, helping every child to flourish. We make a collective commitment to our "MITRE education" for every child in every school.
- All partner schools will work together to develop a "MITRE education" for pupils throughout the trust, aligning best practice.
- All MITRE staff accept and embrace their professional responsibility to care for every child and young person within the trust. They are open to change, treating all with respect within the wider MITRE community.
- All MITRE staff commit to ensuring the learning needs of all pupils are met.
- Staff in MITRE leadership and governance roles accept responsibility to provide high quality professional learning and to challenge and support colleagues to enable outstanding teaching and leadership.
- Where the trust identifies performance concerns, action will be taken to support the school to resolve these issues.