Growth and Development
The Minster Trust for Education looks forward to welcoming schools which share its core principles. It will operate for the collective good of pupils and students such that high quality education is sustained and supported, underpinned by strong values, Christian or otherwise. Each school will be unique in its own right and also distinctly part of MITRE. Enquiries are welcomed from any school interested in finding out more about joining MITRE.
Philosophy underpinning MITRE's growth
- MITRE is a trust focused on local education provision, with all member schools able to be reached within 1 hour from the lead school.
- Schools joining MITRE will subscribe to the trust's philosophy and will be subject to a scheme of delegation according to their circumstances.
- Any school joining the trust will be subject to due diligence processes, including the consideration of its financial position and its effectiveness.
- The trust aims to exceed 3000 students educated in trust schools as this allows for direct capital funding.
- MITRE intends to be designated as a sponsor, to help realise improvement in schools in difficulties.
- While remaining true to its charitable status, MITRE understands the need to build a trust which can support the financial sustainability of its member schools.
Projected growth of MITRE
|March 2018||Minster Trust for Education registered and governance established|
|December 2018||The Minster School (founding school) joins MITRE|
|Spring 2019||The first group of primary schools (Minster family) join MITRE|
|Summer 2019||The second group of primary schools (Minster family) join MITRE|
|Summer 2019||MITRE is awarded sponsor status|
|Autumn 2019||Membership grows by at least 500 pupils - at least one new school welcomed to the trust.|
|Year 2||If not already achieved, at least one additional secondary school joins MITRE. Growth by at least a further 500 pupils.|