Our Services for Member Schools
In order to support the sustainability of the trust and for it to build its collective services, provide excellence and make economies of scale, a charge is levied to each member school, usually 5% of that school's General Annual Grant.
As the trust grows in its first two years of operation the levy may be slightly lower, depending on the level of service available and the need of any given school.
The sections below indicate some aspects of provision, although this continues to develop in partnership discussion with member schools, Head Teachers and Business Managers.
Core service provision
As a member of MITRE you will receive a range of services from the central trust team, whose salaries are partly supported by the contributions. The main posts supported are the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Trust Accountant, School Improvement Lead and HR Manager.
Through the levy each school will be supported in a range of ways:
- CEO leadership and strategic direction
- The development and negotiation of MITRE policies for adoption
- Appraisal support - including for Head Teachers
- HR support and advice (additionally charged in more complex cases)
- Legal support - (legal action charged)
- Staff contracts and recruitment support
- Admissions support, consultation and appeals - (additional charge for appeals)
- Marketing support
- School improvement services, including annual reviews
- Due diligence
- Financial and Business support and advice
- Annual Financial Audit
- Budget setting support
- Monthly financial management
- Pensions administration
- Staff benefits package and its administration - child care vouchers, health care scheme, cycle to work scheme, high street vouchers.
- Union liaison
- Bid writing support for capital projects
- Minster Teaching School Alliance membership (included at full levy)
- HR expertise from Browne Jacobson and centralised service
- Assurance policy
- Online advice service (The Key)
- Occupational Health (optional)
- Absence insurance including staff health and well-being package (optional)
- Financial systems and software
Proposed future service development
In discussion with schools already signed up to the MITRE Memorandum of Understanding a number of potential joint service areas are being considered. Those joining us in the future will also have the chance to influence what is offered, both services included within the annual levy and value-for-money additional purchased services. Areas include:
- ICT support services
- Grounds maintenance
- Software licenses
- Utility contracts